Do you have a passion for delivering great customer service? Do you enjoy giving an entertaining and exciting experience to guests? Then the IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls is your right choice for employment!
The IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls is currently seeking a Theatre Usher for our busy summer season. This position will involve training hours as well as part-time hours up until May 1, where hours will increase for our busy summer season. This position plays an extremely important key role in the overall guest experience that we give our customers. You will be a resource to all of our guests by taking valid tickets, assisting them with questions and directions, greeting them at the entrance and exit of the theatre as well as maintaining a clean and professional interior and exterior environment. You will be the face of our theatre and play one of the biggest roles in achieving customer satisfaction. You will work closely with the Guest Services Team, Supervisors and the Operations Manager to help deliver a one-of-a-kind experience to our guests. You will follow all guidelines, policies and procedures put in place by management and DCI.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide all guests a positive first impression of the IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls by offering superior guest service.
• Provide information regarding the IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls, facilities, attractions, directions and Niagara Falls via face-to-face communication.
• Collect regular tickets, hotel vouchers, 3rd party vouchers, group tickets and special tickets (know and understand which tickets are accepted and which are not).
• Maintain cleanliness in theatre, lobby area, restrooms and exteriors.
• Sweeping and mopping floors.
• Deliver a prepared speech to our guests at the end of each movie.
• Communicate effectively with co-workers and our guests.
• Empty trash cans at theatre entrance and exit, in lobby, in restrooms and outside.
• Deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with our guests and co-workers.
• Flexibility to work days, nights, weekends and/or holidays when needed.
• Give detailed instructions to our guests in times of emergency or when technical difficulties arise.
• Responsible for shoveling snow and laying salt at entrance ways during winter.
• Dispose of full garbage bags, recycling bags and cardboard in appropriate dumpsters.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Capability of communicating positively with guests to establish their needs efficiently and courteously.
• Proven customer service experience, preferably in tourism & hospitality or in movie theatre environment.
• Skills in public speaking and dealing with large groups of people.
• Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
• Experience in resolving customer conflicts, should they arise.
• Proven experience in working with team members to achieve organizational goals.
• Knowledge of the surrounding area an asset.
• Proven time management skills.
• Ability to keep work environment extremely clean.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
• Highly energetic and always aware of your surroundings.
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team setting.
• Ability to communicate and understand English.
• $11.40 to start. *Based on applicants who are 18 or older.
How to apply
Please send cover letters and resumes to Meagan Ryan, Theatre Director, via e-mail to [email protected] Cover letters and resumes can also be faxed to 905-358-3613, directed to Meagan Ryan, Theatre Director. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2017. The IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection processWe thank everyone for their applications however, only the successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.