Do you have a passion for delivering great customer service? Do you enjoy giving an entertaining and exciting experience to guests? Then the IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls is your right choice for employment!
The IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls is currently seeking a Part-Time IMAX Projectionist for our busy summer season. The primary responsibility of the IMAX Projectionist is to provide all of our guests with a positive visual and audio experience. It will be your duty to consistently maintain a clean, flawless presentation of our film on an hourly basis. This position is expected to work closely with the Lead Projectionist and the Operations Manager to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience to our visitors. This position reports to the Lead Projectionist and the Operations Manager and follows policies and procedures set in place by Destination Cinema Inc.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Present IMAX films in a clear, clean and professional manner.
• Constant monitoring of the equipment to ensure proper operation.
• Constant monitoring of the image on the screen to ensure proper focus, brightness and cleanliness.
• Assure audio is always in sync with film.
• Responsible for playing multiple requested languages with accuracy.
• Responsible for opening and closing booth procedures set out in DCI guidelines.
• Perform cleaning tasks listed on daily and weekly checklists.
• Perform any other function to assist in theatre operation which does not interfere with projection booth responsibilities.
• Monitor any video recording or flash photography in theatre.
• Must remain in projection booth at all times while film is running.
• Communicate any issues, verbally and written, with Lead and Managers.
• Communicate with other projectionists at shift change.
• Communicate with Theatre Ushers and Box Office Cashiers to ensure shows start on time and to inform them of any issues or concerns.
• Strong mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
• Willingness to learn.
• Positive work ethic.
• Experience in mechanical or electronics an asset.
• Experience with film projector systems an asset.
• Good hand-eye coordination and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to handle stressful situations.
• Good communication skills, verbal and written.
• Ability to take direction and make quick decisions.
• Great attendance record an asset.
• Good judgment skills and ability to take constructive criticism.
$11.00 to start.
As soon as possible.
How to apply
Please send cover letters and resumes to Clayton Doner, Operations Manager, via e-mail to [email protected] Cover Letters and resumes can also be faxed to 905-358-3613, directed to Clayton Doner, Operations Manager. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Applications are still being accepted for the 2015 season. We thank everyone for their applications however, only the successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.