Getting ready for your much anticipated trip to Niagara Falls? Make sure you have what you need. Here is a list of the most essential items to pack.
- Camera – You simply must have a camera with you at Niagara Falls. The city is home to some of the most photographed attractions and locations in the world. If you want to be extra prepared for this destination, think about bringing a waterproof camera for pictures at the bottom of the falls.
- Running Shoes – Running shoes, or comfortable walking shoes are very appropriate for getting around Niagara Falls. Many of the things to see are within walking distance of each other, and for everything which involves water, you don’t want to be wearing your best pair of dress shoes. The same goes for hiking around Goat Island, or having an adventure at Niagara Safari.
- Sunscreen – If you visit during the summer months, it can get very hot, and it’s almost always sunny. So don’t neglect to pack some protection for yourself and the whole family.
- Sunglasses – During the summer, there is plenty of sun. And, of course, you will look extra cool in all the photos.
- Passport – Always good to have along when travelling. For going back and forth between Canada and the U.S., a valid passport, passport card, or enhanced driver’s license is now required. A regular driver’s license on its own will no longer suffice.
- Clothes you won’t mind getting wet – Planning on taking a ride on Maid of the Mist, North America’s oldest tourist attraction? Be ready to come out on the damp side, and come prepared with clothing which can handle some wetness.
- Map and Guidebook – There are a huge number of attractions in and around the greater Niagara Falls area, including a number of zoos, botanical gardens, museums, historical sites, and amusement parks. Besides those, it’s always good to research in advance which restaurants you want to check out, and wherever else you want to go. So pick up a guidebook and map, and you will be completely ready to explore.
- Cash or Credit – Both Canadian and American currencies, as well as Visa and Mastercard, are accepted practically everywhere.
The weather is very hot and humid during the summer, and can go below freezing during winter. So pack appropriately for the time of year that you are traveling.