Do you have a passion for delivering great customer service? Do you enjoy giving an entertaining and exciting experience to guests? Then the IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls is your right choice for employment!
The IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls is currently seeking a Food & Beverage Cashier for our Daredevil Café concession stand. This position will involve training hours as well as part-time hours up until May 1, where hours will increase for our busy summer season. The primary responsibility of the Food & Beverage Cashier is to provide all of our guests with efficient and great quality food, drinks and service. You play a huge role in the overall IMAX Experience as no movie experience is the same without a pop and popcorn! This position is expected to work closely with the Operations Manager, Food & Beverage staff and Guest Services staff to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience to our visitors. This position reports to the Operations Manager and follows policies and procedures set in place by the Destination Cinema Inc.
Duties & Responsibilities
•Serve menu items to customers in a courteous and efficient manner, making sure that each customer receives the proper change.
•Responsible for ensuring that the concession counters, equipment, and tills are kept in an orderly fashion.
•Provide all guests a positive impression of the IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls by offering superior, individualized guest service.
•Accurately operate Aloha computer ticketing system to sell proper concession items using cash, debit, credit cards, vouchers and coupons.
•Perform opening and closing duties as required.
•Provide information regarding the IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls, the Daredevil Café, the Daredevil Exhibit, facilities, attractions and Niagara Falls via face-to-face communication.
•Responsible for answering incoming calls and assisting guests with questions.
•Read, write and communicate effectively with co-workers and our guests.
•Flexibility to work days, nights, weekends and holidays when needed.
•Keep work area and equipment clean and organized.
•Ensure your float and deposit are balanced at the end of your shift.
•Other duties as assigned.
• Food Handler Training Certification an asset
• Friendly, courteous and customer service oriented.
• Previous fast food or concession stand experience an asset.
• Capability of communicating positively with guests to establish their needs efficiently and courteously.
• Skill to handle cash responsibly and accurately.
• Proven customer service experience, preferably in tourism & hospitality or in movie theatre environment.
• Proven experience in working with team members to achieve organizational goals.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Cash management/POS experience required.
• Knowledge of surrounding area an asset.
• Experience with creating floats and deposits.
• Time management skills.
• Reliable with good attendance record.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team setting.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Some heavy lifting required (up to 50 lbs).
• Ability to speak, read and write English.
$11.40/hour to start for applicants who are 18 or older.
How to apply
Please send cover letters and resumes to Meagan Ryan, Theatre Director, via e-mail to [email protected] Cover letters and resumes can also be faxed to 905-358-3613, directed to Meagan Ryan, Theatre Director. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2017. The IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection processWe thank everyone for their applications however, only the successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.