Do you have a passion for delivering great customer service? Do you enjoy giving an entertaining and exciting experience to guests? Then the IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls is your right choice for employment!
The IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls is currently seeking a Box Office Cashier. This position will involve training hours as well as part-time hours up until May 1, where hours will increase for our busy summer season. The primary responsibility of the Box Office Cashier is to provide all of our guests with a positive first impression of the theatre. As the first point of contact, it is essential our guests are served their tickets in a professional, timely and accurate manner. A very large part of the position will involve processing large school groups and tour groups effectively and in a timely fashion. This position is expected to work closely with the Operations Manager and Guest Services staff to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience to our visitors. This position reports to the Operations Manager and follows policies and procedures set in place by Destination Cinema Inc.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide all guests a positive first impression of the IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls by offering superior, individualized guest service.
• Accurately operate Galaxy computer ticketing system to sell proper tickets for specific show times processing cash, credit card, debit and vouchers/coupons.
• Provide information regarding the IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls, facilities, attractions and Niagara Falls.
• Responsible for answering phones and assisting customers with questions.
• Accurately process regular tickets, group tickets and 3rd party vouchers.
• Read, write and communicate effectively with co-workers and our guests.
• Deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with our guests and coworkers.
• Flexibility to work days, nights, weekends and/or holidays when needed.
• Maintain relationships with tour companies/tour guides.
• Maintain a clean and presentable work station and work environment.
• Responsible for processing consignment vouchers, photocopying and preparing them for Accounts Receivable.
• Up-sell food and beverage items as well as admission to our Daredevil Exhibit.
• Prepare and assign headphones to walk-in customers and/or tour groups for narration in different languages.
• Work in Food & Beverage Department during off-season selling tickets and food and drinks
• Other duties as assigned.
• Capability of communicating positively with guests to establish their needs efficiently and courteously.
• Experience in working with customers with language barriers.
• Skill to handle cash responsibly and accurately.
• Proven customer service experience, preferably in tourism & hospitality or in movie theatre environment.
• Experience in resolving customer conflicts, should they arise.
• Proven experience in working with team members to achieve organizational goals.
• Proficient computer and typing skills.
• Previous experience working with Point of Sale systems and handling cash an asset.
• Experience with creating floats and deposits.
• Proven time management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team setting.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Previous experience with ticketing software an asset.
• Ability to speak. to read and to write English.
• Experience working with food and drinks.
• Safe Food Handling Certification an asset.
$11.40 to start. *Based on applicants who are 18 and older.
How to apply
Please send cover letters and resumes to Meagan Ryan, Theatre Director, via e-mail to [email protected] Cover letters and resumes can also be faxed to 905-358-3613, directed to Meagan Ryan, Theatre Director. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2017. The IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection processWe thank everyone for their applications however, only the successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.